The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing with planning, developing, and implementing marketing campaigns for Sock It to Me. The Marketing Coordinator provides assistance in the development of marketing plans, content creation, resource materials, as well as other department administrative and customer support such as data analysis, reporting, survey facilitation, website updates and other assistance as needed.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Sock It to Me’s motto is Work hard and Be Nice. We want our team members to be empowered to demonstrate our core values by doing our best, enjoying the work, and creating a community of belonging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day marketing plan tactics, including assistance with budget management, data analysis and reporting, and revenue tracking.
- Assistance in the development of annual marketing plans, strategies and product launches ensuring positive ROI across all activities.
- Development of marketing collateral and content creation for all social media channels.
- Updating websites for content accuracy and alignment across wholesale and direct to consumer sites.
- Partnering with Sales Organization to support marketing needs of Wholesale customer base; including briefing requests for linesheets, pricelists, presentations, large format tradeshow graphics, webinars, etc.
- Supporting new product launch activities including collection and reporting of competitive research and product documentation, facilitating customer surveys, creating marketing messaging, and project launch materials.
- Providing prompt and professional customer support including requests for marketing images, logos, and other brand content and files.
- Assistance with regular communications to internal and external customers.
- Inventory management of promotional items and giveaways.
- Other duties to support the department and/or organization as needed.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Social media community growth of 15% or more annually such as encouraging likes and increased platform followers.
- 3 or more organic posts and/or stories on Facebook and Instagram weekly, scheduling quality content across channels throughout the workweek.
- 90% on-time project completion rate.
- 25 new wholesale leads per month, accountability for website conversion of WS Sales opportunities, and providing sales administrative support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- 1-2 years of experience in a marketing-related role required; or degree in business, marketing, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High proficiency in social media management (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Sprout Social)
- Strong experience in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, decimals).
- Must be comfortable operating with a strong level of professionalism in a collaborative environment.
- Basic understanding of website development and publishing platforms.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills needed to ask applicable questions to solve problems.
- Must be able to work independently, organized in work, detail oriented, able to multi-task, and work under pressure to manage shifting priorities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and proper control of sensitive information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL)
The following capabilities are required in order to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden on the company are available to address the following requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand for long periods of time at a desk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls on computers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear in meetings and on the telephone or on the computer in an office or variable setting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- On occasion, the employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion.