SAP B1 Business Analyst - Sock It to Me
Sock It to Me is seeking an SAP B1 Business Analyst to join our dynamic team and work at the best little sock company in the world! (Well, we think so, anyway.)
The SAP B1 Business Analyst is the in-house resource helping the company with process efficiencies and data reporting by leveraging the SAPB1 software capabilities. This role understands how total company systems & software interact with the SAPB1 environment to ensure cross system cooperation and up-time; and maintains Sock It to Me SAP environment in accordance with company policy and best practices.
In this role, you will work in close collaboration with team members, end users and other departments in a dynamic work environment to meet the changing support requirements, with minimal supervision. The SAP B1 Business Analyst will be the company liaison to third party SAP providers and support systems. This role will provide support, query writing and data analysis directly for CEO, CFO and Department Leads, as well as user support and training for all staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embody the SITM “be nice, work hard” core belief and lead company valued behaviors by example (SITM Valued Behaviors include: Being caring, optimistic, accountable, approachable, problem solving, trusting, and having a sense of humor).
- Plan and execute integration and acceptance testing; and create specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Ensure proper integration with (non-SAP) company software and applications to fully automate and optimize SITM business processes.
- Provide hands-on, day-to-day support to the business as needed. This includes prioritizing and resolving trouble tickets, providing technical solutions, and analyzing & completing SAPB1 requests on time and with high quality.
- On point for maintaining the up time of SITM’s business system; requires minimizing company processing down time during working hours, and may include some after hours, weekends, and holiday monitoring.
- Designs, tests, and implements new business processes in SAPB1 and enhancements to existing SAPB1 modules.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Resolve business issues by working with various groups within and outside of the company (i.e. system users, company management, consultants, software support staff)
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to define and design complex processes and procedures for the configuration, upgrade, and maintenance of SAP and related application systems.
- Coordinate end-user training documentation and train end users as required. Perform project management and detailed analysis of business practices, processes, and scenarios. Redesign procedures to suggested best business practices in concert with SAP functionality.
- Utilize query and reporting tools to provide flexible and timely information to system users determine the appropriate programming tools to supply information to system users
- Understands Sock It to Me business processes and translates those requirements into SAPB1 solutions while taking ownership of the SAPB1 software. Responsible for implementing solutions that adhere GAAP (Generally accepted accounting principles) and industry standards.
- Manage assigned SAP Project budgets. Accountable for quality and time-lines of work provided by external contractors.
- 5 years’ experience with SAP Business One, ERP software package and communicating reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or university program certificate in relevant fields such as Computer Science, Accounting, or Business.
- Proven Software Systems experience
- Proven understanding of database applications, system development, report writing , SAP ERP and related add-on applications – TaskCentre, APP, Credit Card, Ship Easy, RMA.
- Proficient in Excel, CSV Upload, working knowledge of SQL, Notepad ++, Data Transfer Workbench.
- Strong understanding of applied accounting principles preferably in an inventory based work environment.
- Acute understanding and experience in the SAP Business One software to configure system settings and options.
- TaskCentre Business One add-on proficiency.
- Must have solid project management experience, strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to interact with all levels of an organization and work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimum of supervision.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, SQL, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail. Ability to work within Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel, CSV Upload, working knowledge of SQL, Notepad ++, Data Transfer Workbench, TaskCentre.
Sock It to Me offers some awesome benefits like Medical, Dental, Voluntary Plans (Term Life, Short-Term Disability, Accident, FSA) Simple IRA with company match, Paid Time Off, a product allowance, bonus potential, a dog/cat friendly office, semi-flexible schedule, and other fun perks (paid laser tag field trips?!?! yes!).
Learn more about our awesome team here:
Sock It to Me’s motto is to be nice and work hard— and that’s exactly what we do. Sock It to Me sells fun, funky socks: socks with dinosaurs, cupcakes, ninjas, mustaches, unicorns and other things magical. We continually strive to make quality products with unique and original designs, while providing value and top-notch customer service. We honestly love our socks and hope you do too!
You can find Sock It to Me socks all over the globe, from the U.S. to the U.K. and beyond. It all started with a tent at an outdoor market, a desk in a messy bedroom, and the courage to approach our very first wholesale customer. We’ve grown to a small (but awesome and way talented) team of around 50 employees.
If you think you have what it takes to tame unicorns, grapple with jellyfish, and wrestle dinosaurs into submission, come join us!
For consideration, please respond to this posting with your current resume, list of potential professional references and a cover letter with relevant experience by August 7, 2017. Recruitment for this position begins before the closing date.
No phone calls, e-mails or walk-ins please.
Sock It to Me is an EEO employer.