National Sales Manager
Sock It to Me is seeking a National Sales Manager to join our dynamic team and work at the best little sock company in the world! (Well, we think so, anyway.)
The National Sales Manager is responsible for the development, execution and growth strategies for our domestic sales agencies. This includes proactively engaging with the regional Agency principals to identify growth opportunities and risks, develop tactical plans and regional forecasts, and track and manage the field teams’ progress and performance. At times, effort to optimize the sales force effort might include coaching on best practices for sell in, negotiating, and general account management. It also includes maintaining a high level of engagement in the development and execution of strategies for key accounts managed by the field team
Travel to tradeshows, regional markets and account appointments is required. Estimated travel requirement is 35% of the time.
This is an exempt position that reports to the Head of Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embody the SITM “be nice, work hard” core belief and lead company valued behaviors by example (SITM Valued Behaviors include: Being caring, optimistic, accountable, approachable, problem solving, trusting, and having a sense of humor).
- Provide guidance and leadership to contracted sales agency representatives on selling activities and brand representation.
- Collaborate with contracted agencies to develop growth strategies for their territory and develop annual sales forecasts.
- Proactively analyze overall health of business regularly and design and execute selling activities based on business trends for course correction.
- Develop performance metrics and assess agency performance regularly to encourage alignment to business objectives and best practices in brand representation.
- Play a proactive role in business planning for key accounts in agency territories. Develop and maintain rapport with key account management members.
- Manage selling expenses budget relating to agency sales effort including but not limited to: Showroom fees, travel, co-op funding for accounts and awards.
- Contribute to development annual communication calendar as related to agency sales efforts.
- Work with Global Sales Coordinator on development and distribution of seasonal sales kits for showrooms and field team including training materials, samples, collateral, and sales tools for a successful sell in season.
- Collaborate with Global Sales Coordinator to develop and deliver seasonal trainings and new rep onboarding as needed.
- Travel to regional markets to sell side by side with reps at tradeshows, ride alongs, and at key account appointments. Estimated travel requirement is 35% of the time, this requirement may increase to fit the needs of the business.
- Vet and qualify leads as needed.
- Collaborate with cross functional areas to maintain efficient operational flow from sales activity to order processing and invoice payment.
- Negotiate agency contract terms and uphold terms of business when necessary. Recruit new agencies as needed.
- Approve commission payments, reconciling as needed and/or confirming rightful account ownership for A/P.
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully take direction from Head of Sales.
- The Global Sales Coordinator reports directly to the National Sales Manager, but is a shared resource with the Director of International Sales. While the NSM has direct oversight, they must collaborate with the Director of International Sales on prioritizing workflow for the Global Sales Coordinator
- Set objectives and provide coaching against development plans for Global Sales Coordinator
- Provide guidance to Global Sales Coordinator on key reports and sales tool development for field team use.
- Responsibilities involve coaching, developing, writing and administering performance, reviews, editing missed time punches and approving payroll, PTO hours for Global Sales Coordinator.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including SAP, Excel, Concur, report writing, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation – D.O.E.
Sock It to Me offers some awesome benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, Short-Term Disability, Simple IRA with 3% company match, Paid Time Off, a product allowance, bonus potential, a dog/cat friendly office, semi-flexible schedule, and other fun perks (paid laser tag field trips?!?! yes!).
Sock It to Me’s motto is to be nice and work hard— and that’s exactly what we do. Sock It to Me sells fun, funky socks: socks with dinosaurs, cupcakes, ninjas, mustaches, unicorns and other things magical. We continually strive to make quality products with unique and original designs, while providing value and top-notch customer service. We honestly love our socks and hope you do too!
You can find Sock It to Me socks all over the globe, from the U.S. to the U.K. and beyond. It all started with a tent at an outdoor market, a desk in a messy bedroom, and the courage to approach our very first wholesale customer. We’ve grown to a small (but awesome and way talented) team of 50 employees.
If you think you have what it takes to tame unicorns, grapple with jellyfish, and wrestle dinosaurs into submission, come join us! To learn more about our company, visit: http://www.sockittome.com/
For consideration, please respond to this posting with your current resume, list of potential professional references and a cover letter with relevant experience by March 15, 2018. Recruitment for this position begins before the closing date. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Sock It to Me is an EEO employer.