Sock It to Me is seeking a Design Assistant to join our dynamic team and work at the best little sock company in the world! (Well, we think so, anyway.)
Sock It to Me is looking for an organized and detailed-oriented team player with a positive attitude to add to our design department. The ideal candidate has an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Apparel, Graphic, Textile or Product Design and is familiar with design related administrative processes, CAD technical drawings and is experienced using Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a 90 Day contract position, with the potential for regular full-time employment status following the contract period.
The Design Assistant reports to the Design Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Embody the SITM “be nice, work hard” core belief and lead company valued behaviors by example (SITM Valued Behaviors include: Being caring, optimistic, accountable, approachable, problem solving, trusting, and having a sense of humor).
- Provide support to design team.
- Excellent computer drawing skills demonstrated by technical sketching and CAD graphic layouts.
- Rendering purchased artwork in Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop.
- Creating colorways.
- Creating and revising line sheets for various product categories.
- Creating and maintaining sock art worksheets.
- Provide seasonal artwork JPEGs for marketing and sales needs.
- Maintain digital clip art library.
- Facilitate and maintain digital file organization.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining templated labels each season.
- Label all incoming samples and file them.
- Partner with team members to cross train on shared tasks and transition tasks as the department continues to grow.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Display excellent communication skills in working with customers and coworkers; including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully take direction from Design Project Manager.
- 2 years’ experience in apparel or graphic design, product development, pre-production or production of apparel or accessory products.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing in the sock industry is a plus!
- Aptitude for processes and systematic work.
- Positive team player philosophy.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-year or 4-year degree in Apparel Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design, Product Design, Graphic Design or similar.
Excellent Computer skills demonstrated in Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Pay – Compensation – DOE, 90 Day contract position, 40 hours per week.
Sock It to Me’s motto is to be nice and work hard— and that’s exactly what we do. Sock It to Me sells fun, funky socks: socks with dinosaurs, cupcakes, ninjas, mustaches, unicorns and other things magical. We continually strive to make quality products with unique and original designs, while providing value and top-notch customer service. We honestly love our socks and hope you do too!
You can find Sock It to Me socks all over the globe, from the U.S. to the U.K. and beyond. It all started with a tent at an outdoor market, a desk in a messy bedroom, and the courage to approach our very first wholesale customer. We’ve grown to a small (but awesome and way talented) team of around 50 employees.
If you think you have what it takes to tame unicorns, grapple with jellyfish, and wrestle dinosaurs into submission, come join us! To learn more about our company, visit: http://www.sockittome.com/
For consideration, please respond to this posting with a link to your digital portfolio of work (or upload/attach a maximum of 3 PDF or JPEG work samples), current resume, list of potential professional references and a cover letter with relevant experience by March 19, 2018. Applications without a either a digital portfolio link or uploaded work samples will not be considered. Recruitment for this position begins before the closing date. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Sock It to Me is an EEO employer