International Sales Manager
Sock It to Me is seeking an International Sales Manager to join our dynamic team and work at the best little company in the world! (Well, we think so, anyway.)
The International Sales Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and execution for growing SITM’s total international footprint, leveraging a distributor model, Canadian sales agency with 3rd party fulfillment, and in-house direct retail accounts.
This includes communication of product introductions and brand strategies, preparation of budgets, sales forecasts and business strategies, analysis of sales data, agency and distributor performance, and cooperation with SITM departments to manage orders and activities related to international sales.
Travel to international and domestic trade shows, this requirement may increase based to fit the needs of the business.
This is an exempt position that reports to the C.E.O.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embody the SITM “be nice, work hard” core belief and lead company valued behaviors by example (SITM Valued Behaviors include: Being caring, optimistic, accountable, approachable, problem solving, trusting, and having a sense of humor).
- Manages the Youngson/Shadowbox sales team in Canada.
- Reviews and supports the implementation of sales, marketing and distribution strategies with distributors.
- Maintains regular written and verbal communication with distributors to gather and provide information, respond to enquiries, address issues and concerns, and ensure distributors’ engagement with the business.
- Sets and monitors international sales goals, including annual goals for international distributors and the Canadian Sales Agency.
- Create annual budget for all international sales related activities and costs.
- Makes international trade show recommendations to C.E.O. Manages logistical execution of the shows, set-up and teardown, and all sales management during the shows.
- Reports to the C.E.O.
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively to lead the international sales initiative throughout the company.
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
Manages the International Business department and one direct report, the International Business Developer, and one shared resource, the Global Sales Coordinator.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in International Management preferred (B. A.) from four-year college or university; eight or more years related experience and/or training in international sales management; extensive global travel experience and international contacts in the fashion/apparel industry.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Ability to converse in a foreign language.
Computer efficiency with Microsoft Office, include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation – D.O.E.
Sock It to Me offers some awesome benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, Short-Term Disability, Simple IRA with 3% company match, Paid Time Off, a product allowance, bonus potential, a dog/cat friendly office, semi-flexible schedule, and other fun perks (paid laser tag field trips?!?! yes!).
Sock It to Me’s motto is to be nice and work hard— and that’s exactly what we do. Sock It to Me sells fun, funky socks and underwear: product designs include dinosaurs, cupcakes, ninjas, mustaches, unicorns and other things magical. We continually strive to make quality products with unique and original designs, while providing value and top-notch customer service. We honestly love our products and hope you do too!
You can find Sock It to Me all over the globe, from the U.S. to the U.K. and beyond. It all started with a tent at an outdoor market, a desk in a messy bedroom, and the courage to approach our very first wholesale customer. We’ve grown to a small (but awesome and way talented) team of 50 employees.
If you think you have what it takes to tame unicorns, grapple with jellyfish, and wrestle dinosaurs into submission, come join us! To learn more about our company, visit: http://www.sockittome.com/
For consideration, please respond to this posting with your current resume with relevant experience, list of potential professional references and a cover letter by August 27, 2018. Recruitment for this position begins before the closing date. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Sock It to Me is an EEO employer.