Brand Content & Copy Associate
Sock It to Me is seeking a Brand Content & Copy Associate to join our dynamic team and work at the best little company in the world! (Well, we think so, anyway.)
The Brand Content & Copy Associate ensures copy across SITM communication platforms on-line and in print accurately represent the SITM brand and consumer. Writes and edits copy and content to support total business marketing efforts. Assists in the development and execution of content strategy across digital media. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Marketing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the voice and tone of the brand across all copy and content strategy. Communicates brand values and compelling calls to action through all marketing materials, with the ability to consider audience and context to achieve project and organizational goals.
- Writes, and edits copy and content to support total business marketing efforts, including copy for: Collateral & Printed Materials, Product Descriptions, Paid Advertising, Social Media Posts, Landing Pages, Blog Posts, and other relevant items.
- Assists in the development and execution of content strategy across digital media.
- Blog maintenance.
- Embody the SITM “be nice, work hard” core belief and lead company valued behaviors by example (SITM Valued Behaviors include: Being caring, optimistic, accountable, approachable, problem solving, trusting, and having a sense of humor).
- Writes and edits copy and contributes to planning and strategy for written content to support total business marketing efforts. Including but not limited to:
- Writes and edits copy for wholesale and retail materials.
- Wholesale and direct to consumer email marketing.
- Supporting brand and marketing stories, presentations, press, and catalog with copywriting and editing.
- Assists in the development and execution of content strategy across digital media, including but not limited to:
- Sales copy for promotions and paid online advertising.
- Landing page copy.
- Social media content.
- Blog articles, features, and editing.
- Product descriptions across multiple platforms.
- Assists in execution of organic social media content by contributing copy for captions and graphics of scheduled posts.
- Assists in various website content projects, including testing, content creation, and content editing.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion skills required in working with customers and coworkers including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.F.A.) from four-year College or university in English, Publishing, Marketing or related field; plus 3 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job requires excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Job requires highly specialized computer skills. Must be proficient in email marketing applications, blogging platforms, word processing (such as MS Word and Adobe InCopy) as well as other industry-standard applications. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Ability to find creative solutions to complex design constraints and business problems, as well as collaborate and communicate on these solutions in a team environment. Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet all deadlines independently. Troubleshooting and problem solving are an essential function of this position. Strong follow through on assignments. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required beyond a four-year degree and demonstration of skill and experience at time of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation – D.O.E.
Sock It to Me offers some awesome benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, Short-Term Disability, Simple IRA with 3% company match, Paid Time Off, a product allowance, bonus potential, a dog/cat friendly office, semi-flexible schedule, and other fun perks (paid laser tag field trips?!?! yes!).
Sock It to Me’s motto is to be nice and work hard— and that’s exactly what we do. Sock It to Me sells fun, funky socks and underwear: product designs include dinosaurs, cupcakes, ninjas, mustaches, unicorns and other things magical. We continually strive to make quality products with unique and original designs, while providing value and top-notch customer service. We honestly love our products and hope you do too!
You can find Sock It to Me all over the globe, from the U.S. to the U.K. and beyond. It all started with a tent at an outdoor market, a desk in a messy bedroom, and the courage to approach our very first wholesale customer. We’ve grown to a small (but awesome and way talented) team of 50 employees.
If you think you have what it takes to tame unicorns, grapple with jellyfish, and wrestle dinosaurs into submission, come join us! To learn more about our company, visit: http://www.sockittome.com/
For consideration, please respond to this posting with your current resume with relevant experience, a cover letter and relevant writing sample by 11/12/18. Recruitment for this position begins before the closing date. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Sock It to Me is an EEO employer.